It has been said that the most important three-word sentence in the English language is 'I love you.' If that's the case, Spanish's most important sentence is easier, since it's only two words.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Look in the eyes of the person you love.
- Take him or her by the hand.
- Smoothly say, 'Te amo,' like this: 'TEH AHM-oh.'
- Be aware that in this case 'te' is the word for 'you,' and 'amo' means 'I love.'
- Don't say it unless you're sincere. Anyone who can spot a phony in English can do the same in Spanish.