Update: Readers' Choice Awards winners.
Of the three software categories for this year's About.com Spanish Language Readers' Choice Awards, this was the most popular in terms of number people making nominations. In fact, there were more nominations — many of which didn't become finalists — than there were in the Android and PC categories combined. If you purchase any of these apps, make sure first that it will work with your hardware and your version of operating system.
The five finalists for the best iPhone or iPad app for people learning Spanish are:
- ConjuVerb, look up conjugations of most verbs, and test yourself with virtual flashcards.
- DuoLingo, learn Spanish, English or four other languages.
- Learn Spanish by MindSnacks, learn the language by playing games.
- Now You're Fluent, aimed at those who already have some knowledge of Spanish and want to become fluent.
- SayHi Translate, voiced translations to and from about two dozen languages, including Spanish.
You can vote on this page once per day through March 19, 2013. The winner will be announced the following week. Feel free to discuss the nominees below.
And be sure to check out the Readers' Choice Awards nominees in other categories!