Update: Winners have been announced.
To help our readers share what has helped and/or inspired them to learn Spanish, About.com Spanish Language is participating in this year's Readers' Choice Awards. Voting is under way in eight categories, with all finalists based on nominations by About.com readers.
Voting will take place through March 19, 2013, with winners to be announced the following week. You can vote once per day per category by logging in through your About.com or Facebook account or using your email address.
The eight categories are:
- Best travel destination for learning Spanish.
- Best desktop program for people learning Spanish.
- Most admired person who speaks Spanish.
- Best iPad and iPhone apps for people learning Spanish
- Best Android apps for people learning Spanish.
- Favorite Spanish-language entertainer.
- Best Spanish-language website.
- Best online Spanish-English dictionary.
Although participation is new for the Spanish Language site this year, other sites on the About.com network have found the awards process a useful way for readers to connect with things that excite them, so we hope that happens here as well. "The Readers' Choice Awards give our readers a chance to share their knowledge of and passion for the best products and services they've come across over the course of a year," said Margot Weiss, managing editor at About.com. "Each year we are impressed by readers' enthusiasm and involvement with the awards program, which directly speaks to their engagement with their favorite topics on About.com."