Update: Readers' Choice Awards winners.
There aren't nearly as many apps developed for people learning Spanish for the Android platform as there are for the iPhone and iPad, but About.com Spanish Language readers nevertheless came up with five finalists to recommend. Before you purchase any of the paid products, make sure they'll work on your hardware and Android version.
The five finalists for the best Android app for people learning Spanish are:
- Babbel, interactive instruction on thousands of vocabulary words.
- Buscador de la RAE, a convenient way to use the Royal Spanish Academy's dictionary.
- Oxford Spanish Dictionary, app version available from Amazon, AndroidPIT, Google Play and other app stores.
- Verb Champion, have fun learning verb conjugations.
- WordReference, handy way to use the online dictionary.
You can vote on this page once per day through March 19, 2013. The winner will be announced the following week. Feel free to discuss the nominees below.
And be sure to check out the Readers' Choice Awards nominees in other categories!